Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Some Happy News!!

As I posted before, I decided to go back to school this semester. It has been a big change and I'm still getting into the swing of things, but it has been a really nice change. The best thing about it is being able to be home more. One of the biggest reasons I decided to go back to school was because I really wasn't enjoying my job anymore and I felt kind of stuck. I definitely needed a change and I hoped that maybe a change would also bring pregnancy. We had been trying for a little one ever since my miscarriage last year and I was getting very frustrated that things weren't happening. My last month at my job I was working with my doctor to find out why I wasn't getting pregnant. I was so happy that we were finally doing something to help. We found out that one of my levels was high ( can't remember which one) and they were going to have me start taking a new medication to lower it, but I had to wait until I started my period. On my last day of work I still hadn't started my period so that morning I grudgingly took a pregnancy test. For some reason for this test I was not excited or nervous. I seriously felt positive that I wasn't pregnant and was only taking the test because the nurse told me to, but to my surprise IT was positive!! So after over two years of hoping and praying, we have finally got our wish! We are expecting a little one at the end of April! We are so excited to finally start our family. I am over 13 weeks along and at my last appointment my doctor told me that this one should be here to stay, so I feel comfortable posting about it. We should find out the sex sometime at the beginning of December, which seems like so far away still. We are so happy and excited and feel so blessed to have the opportunity to be parents. I know that Sol will be a wonderful father and I can't wait to see him in action.

2 comments:

The Byers Family said...

We are so happy for you guys! You'll be wonderful parents and I can't wait to see the 2 of you in action parenting for the first time! The time goes so fast! I have teenagers now and it seems like yesterday that I was just pregnant with them! Make sure you enjoy every second, it's too easy to get caught up in day to day and miss those precious moments!

Dawn said...

great news! We are so happy for you both!