Monday, December 10, 2012

A Healthier Me

My weight has always been something I have struggled with. I have been looking for something for quite awhile to help me lose weight that could keep me motivated and give me the results that I want. I asked around and a lot of my friends had really good success with Weight Watchers so I decided to give it a try. I started on October 1, 2012 and I am so glad that I did. The first few weeks were a little difficult because my body was getting used to not eating as much, but I got used to it pretty fast. The thing I love most about Weight Watchers is that I don't feel like I am really dieting. It really just teaches you to eat smaller portions and choose healthier ingredients and options. It's so funny now to look back at how I used to eat before, especially at restaurants. I always knew what were healthier options, I just never decided to choose those options until I started seeing results. Now when I go to the store or a restaurant I find myself automatically looking for the healthier options and I am happy doing that. I guess I needed something to show me that choosing those healthier options really do make a difference. 
A little over two months in and I am 23 pounds lighter and down two dress sizes! I am starting to feel so good about myself! I am about 6 pounds away from being at a healthy weight for my height and I couldn't be more happy about that. I would still like to lose another 20 pounds by the time I am done but I feel great about my progress and I am confident that I can get to where I want to be. 

I don't really have a before picture, but here is an "in progress" picture.

4 comments:

The Byers Family said...

WOW JESS! That is so great! I also struggle with my weight and am currently trying to watch what I eat and exercise but changing those old habits is so hard! You're doing such a great job and you're such an inspiration! Thanks for sharing your progress, it's always good seeing what works for other people, maybe I'll try weight watchers again ;)

Me said...

Holy smokes, you look great!! I've been looking around too for something to try to get me back in shape- i have hardly been able to shake any of my baby weight from Chase and I am determined to get it off soon- I might have to check out Weight Watchers.. Keep up the great work, you look amazing!

Shaylyn said...

Congrats Jess! You look so good!! I need to get on the band wagon.. i have been wanting to but i just haven't had the motivation.. but it's time to stop complaining and get to work! Are you just watching what you eat or are you exercising too?

Jessie, Sol, and Jade said...

Thanks you guys!
Shay- Since starting Weight Watchers I have mostly just been focused on what I eat and being healthier that way. I exercise here and there but not regularly yet. It has definitely shown me that what I eat and how much I eat makes a huge difference all on its own.