Monday, February 25, 2008

A New Challenge

Just recently, I got a new calling at church. I am now the Beehive Advisor in my ward. Can I say how nervous I am?! This is probably the scariest calling that I have ever had and I really hope I do a good job. Sol and I have only been in the ward for about 6 months and so we don't know that many people and most people don't know who we are either. Though I know this will be hard and a challenge I am excited. I remember as a Beehive how amazing I thought my leaders were and what an impact they all made on my life. I just hope that I can do the same for my girls. I think the hardest thing for me is being a good example. What I mean by this is the fact that I commute to Salt Lake everyday, so there will be many times when I can't make to mutual. Which has been the case these past two weeks that I have had the calling. Another challenge for me will be the fact that I have to go to Girls Camp. I have to say that I was not that fond of girls camp when I was a young women, but hopefully it will be better since I will be a leader. I just hope that I can help these girls through probably one of the hardest times in their lives.

No comments: